Today we will be speaking with GillIian Mandich on Practicing the Art of Happiness!! She will be discussing, how we can live our best life, how we find happiness and if it’s in our control! Gillian will be providing us with scientific research and statistics on this subject! Don’t miss this incredible Episode!
Currently completing her doctoral studies at Western University in Health and Rehabilitation Science, Gillian Mandich’s research examines health promotion, specifically physical activity, childhood obesity, nutrition, happiness, and diabetes. Gillian is one of the co-hosts of the popular health/fitness podcast and TV show “The Holistic Health Diary”, TV host and Community Producer of “Gillian Mandich: Cooking Adventures”, a certified yoga and Yoga Tune Up® teacher, and a two-time IronGirl. Gillian also serves on the Advisory Board and is a reviewer at Examine.com; is the creator, producer and host of Health Science Radio on CHRW 94.9FM; is a health guest host on the Home Shopping Network (HSN); writes for numerous print and online media; and is the president of the Western Chapter of the Canadian Obesity Network. Find Gillian online at www.gillianmandich.com or on Twitter and Instagram @gillianmandich.
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- How do we live our best life possible?
- A huge part of our happiness is in our control.
- Bring in different practices to help stress and boost happiness!
- Gratitude-Spending time each day thinking about the things you’re grateful for!
- Mindfulness- take time to be in the present moment! Noticing your surroundings.
- Giving Back- doing nice things for other people.
- A lot of our happiness comes down to a choice! A conscious effort!
- “Never go to sleep without a request to your unconscious mind!”
RECOMMENDED BOOK: The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
GOLD NUGGET: Happiness isn’t a destination, it’s a daily practice!
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more information and events that are coming up, you can also follow us on twitter, facebook, instagram, and now periscope.
If you like what we’re doing with Rise Up For You please support us by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show. So don’t forget to show your support!