Stand Out in a Room Full of People- 3 Easy Steps!
Stand Out in a Room Full of People- 3 Easy Steps! Do you ever constantly feel like a number or a herd of cattle when you’re in a room full of people? It’s ok to admit yes, you’re not the only one!
Being memorable in a room and having the ability to be noticed is often a challenge for many. As human beings we want to be noticed by the people we think matter the most like our bosses, co-workers, a cute male or female that we may want to pursue, like-minded people that we’re trying to network with, or even potential investors.
Practice these 3 tips so your days of feeling invisible can be left behind!
- Appearance: It doesn’t matter what your size, shape, or color is but your appearance and how you put yourself together is crucial! F,H,C is all you need to remember to make a lasting first impression and turn heads!
- Let’s start with F= Face! Always wash your face and prepare it before heading out the door! You definitely do not want to look like you just woke up! Ladies always put make-up on to brighten your face and add color, but be careful you do not want to overdo the make-up. Learn different makeup tips for different times of the day. You should have a softer and lighter look during the day and a more dramatic appearance during the night.
- H= Hair. Male or female do your hair! Again just rolling out of bed is not cute. You need to look put together if you want to make an impression and hair is key. Make sure your hair is out of your face as any hair covering the eyes makes it difficult for people to connect with you. It’s also a sign of insecurity and fear.
- C=Clothes. Take personal time to figure out what clothes and style work for your body and learn what it means to dress for the nine all the time! Jeans and a beat up shirt aren’t going to cut it contrary to what people think. Everything you wear matters and should complement each other. Your shoes and accessories are just as important and can make or break your outfit!
- Mentality: Did you know it’s actually a proven fact that those who think little of themselves and feel invisible actually do come across as invisible. If you carry yourself like you do not exist we do not notice you! When you walk into a room you need to believe that you are special and that you add value to everything and everyone around you! I dare you to try this and see how many people flock to you and notice your presence.
- Posture: A huge component of standing out is your posture and how you carry yourself. I’ll give you a hint! The majority of people do not walk with strength or confidence. I challenge you to start watching people and how they stand and walk throughout a room. Notice how many people slouch over, tuck their hips under, and walk with their head down. If you want to stand out you need to walk and carry yourself like you’re worth a million bucks! That means to stand tall, shoulders back, hips centered, and head high! Don’t look at the floor when you walk, this is a huge sign of insecurity and lack of confidence.
Rise up for you, be better today than yesterday and prepare for a greater tomorrow!