Happy Work It Wednesday! How are you feeling today?
A few weeks ago I had the incredible opportunity to go do a “Ted Like” talk in Toronto, Canada. My keynote talk is generally on “Break Your Limiting Beliefs Create Unlimited Success” however, this time I was asked to speak on The Top Tips to Effective Leadership! This was really exciting for me as it truly is one of the elements I am incredibly passionate about.
So let’s start with the question, what is a leader? What are the qualities they should embody? In my opinion a leader is someone who impacts and influences others. So are you a leader? OF COURSE YOU ARE! We are all constantly impacting and influencing others on a continuous basis. Whether you’re checking out at the market, jogging pass someone, running a team, it doesn’t matter. However, the truth is that we tend to fall into one of two categories. Leaders who make a negative impact and those that make a positive impact. I’m assuming you want to do #2, make a positive impact!
I’ve decided to share with you the top three tips to effective leadership that hopefully you can implement today. Although there are a number of more I can give you, we are starting with the top ones! Todays focus is going to be more geared towards career leadership, however, I encourage you to take these tips and see how they can fit into your everyday personal life (Part 2 of this will be next week).
Top 3 Tips!
- Kindness, Compassion and Care
- People want someone to relate to, someone that is open, and willing to break the traditional idea of stern impersonal boundaries!
- Remember person first, process second, and product secondary.
- Create Transformation
- People feel and perform their best when they feel that they have purpose and growth.
- One of the top reasons why people dislike work is due to the lack of stimulation, growth, and overall lack of being heard.
- Creating opportunities, allowing others to join in the creation process, and opening their mind up to new possibilities is key to creating a transformational environment = transformation amongst people.
- Lead the Way
- People will follow if you lead. However, not from the top down but amongst them. Todays world no longer connects with the pyramid method but with the circle method of leadership.
- Be in the trenches! Inspire your team not only through your words but through your actions.
- Know what’s going on in as many areas as possible. People will respect you more when you are a present and informed leader.
Connect: Learn more about our Founder Nada Lena @ www.Nadalena.com