Guest Speaker For Episode #123 The Amplify Collective Bri + Thaís
Today we will be speaking with Bri + Thaís on The Art of Un-Networking! They touch on how women are naturally good at networking and how society is telling us how to connect in a way that doesn’t resonate with building relationships!
Bri + Thaís are two inspirational leaders in Los Angeles dedicated to radically changing the way creative, ambitious women connect, engage and inspire with their community, The Amplify Collective. Through their membership group, The Coterie, public events + masterminds, they are building “un-networking” conversations and supporting women to live amplified lives. Because the rising tide raises all ships. Together, Thais + Bri are a force to be reckoned with and are providing women a powerful space to #BeAmplified so they can change the word. The duo has been featured on KTLA, Medium, Huffington Post, Inc., and Forbes. You can learn more about their community at www.theamplifycollective.com
POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- Women are naturally good at networking!
- Society is telling us how to connect in a way that doesn’t resonate with building relationships.
- Don’t ask people what they do!!! Instead of what do you do, ask them what are they passionate about? Ask deeper questions that allow for an open engaging conversation!
- Stop showing up with your job title as well! Your job title doesn’t define you!
- Clear your expectations! Be present and ask great questions!
RECOMMENDED BOOK: The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level by Gay Hendricks and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
GOLD NUGGET: Create a shock inducing introduction!
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more information and events that are coming up, you can also follow us on twitter, facebook, instagram, and now periscope.
If you like what we’re doing with Rise Up For You please support us by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show. So don’t forget to show your support!