Episode # 149 with Kourtney Thomas- Big Arms, Big Life!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR WEEKLY EPISODES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Episode #149 with Kourtney Thomas- Big Arms, Big Life! Kourtney A. Thomas, CSCS, B.A. Hospitality Business, Michigan State University, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, RRCA Certified, Owner, Kourtney Thomas Fitness Kourtney Thomas, CSCS, has been a personal trainer and endurance running coach for six years. After a mostly inactive life, she discovered a passion for running and turned it into her profession. Kourtney spent two years training clients and athletes of all ages at a facility before starting her own business. She now coaches clients online, empowering them through strength training, smart cardio, and mindset shifts. She enjoys bicep curls fueled by cake and riding her Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe. Her motto is “Big Arms, Big Life,” and she lives that daily alongside her husband, dog, and cat, outside of Saint Louis, MO.
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
Over the years, I have explored all types of training, at the same time forging my own path in business and life, and have come to live by the mantra of Big Arms, Big Life. It’s the powerful feeling of living your life in the biggest and boldest way possible. Powerful physically, down to your bones. Powerful and confident, mentally, emotionally, professionally. It’s not just about arms (or any body part, for that matter), it’s about taking control of your choices and living fully in your body and life.
- Embrace the style of movement that you enjoy the most, and be open to the fact that it may involve a bigger body. (This point goes along with my preferred style of training and coaching – hypertrophy – and relates to how we’re constantly told as women that we need to become smaller physically.)
- Focus on gaining awareness of the conditioning we receive as women from every source – media, social media, personal relationships. Recognize the thoughts and feelings associated with this conditioning, how it has affected you in the past and now, and begin to think about how you might change that story to work on moving past it to gain more autonomy over your body and life.
- Don’t underestimate the power of actually doing an exercise to determine your values. This is a game-changer and guidepost for how you make decisions and live your big life.
- Always ask why. And then why again.
- Remember there’s always a choice to be made. There’s always a step to be taken. You build it.
RECOMMENDED BOOK: I’m not really big into self-help/self-development books, so one that had a real impact for me on how I make daily choices and how I’m focusing my energy is The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It might sound weird, but it was indeed life-changing for m
TOP VALUE: Openness and learning
GOLDEN NUGGET: You are always in control of how you feel and look.
WHAT DOES RISE UP FOR YOU MEAN TO YOU? Doing this for yourself and no one else because you deserve it!
CONNECT WITH KRISTEN WEST:
- http://kourtneythomas.com/ ,
- @kthomasfitness (instagram and twitter)
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more podcast episodes, webinars, articles, free resources, and events to help you get to the next level in your life! You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Youtube @riseupforyou
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Please support Rise Up For You by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show and push us to continuously be better! So don’t forget to show your support!