Episode #178 with Emily Cook Harris- Do the thing!
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR WEEKLY EPISODES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Episode #178 with Emily Cook Harris- Do the thing! As a lifelong dancer, Emily always felt connected to the power of movement. She noticed the strength & confidence that came from pushing her body’s limits and how that rippled out to other areas of her life. Emily founded EMPOWERED in 2010 with the mission of empowering those she trained to tap into their own power through fierce functional workouts and a positive mindset shift towards what your body can do (not what it looks like). From there, anything is possible.
Emily is a seasoned fitness pro with 10 years of leading fun, engaging workouts for all levels. She is a PUMA Team Faster trainer, champion for education and gender equality, and has worked with top brands & individuals all around the world. She was named Hottest Trainer by Racked New York and is now based in sunny Los Angeles. As a passionate speaker and entrepreneur, Emily hopes to empower others to take risks for what they love and create the life they dream. Fitness is the foundation of it all.
- Creator of EMPOWERED FITWeek, raising over $20,000 for education to date
- International instructor and part of a creative team for the PUMA x New York City Ballet workout (NYC launch)
- Featured trainer in the Well+Good x Sweat Series
- Recent podcasts include Do the Good Stuff and The Strong Women’s Club
- B.S. Kinesiology/Fitness and Dance Minor from Louisiana State University; ACSM Certified Personal Trainer; ACSM Certified Exercise Specialist; ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor; TRX Level 1
- Performed as a character with The Walt Disney Company, trained extensively at Broadway Dance Center, danced for Madonna’s Material Girl Collection launch in NYC, and toured nationally with The Music Man
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- Dreaming big and doing the work.
- Putting in the time to be patient, grow your skills, and collaborate with others. OR about using your passion to create positive waves in the world.
- The power is in making health & fitness a true LIFESTYLE. Eating, moving, and living in a way that makes you feel like a badass (and saying F-U to diet culture and body shaming).
- The key is looking at health & fitness as the foundation for your life. So once that becomes a part of your daily norm, then you get to ask yourself… what now? And that’s where the magic begins. 🙂
- You get to look at your life and see where you want to grow – career, relationships, giving back, anything.
- Health & fitness is the jumping off point to anything you dream.
- And you have the power to literally create it, one step at a time.
RECOMMENDED BOOK: The Alchemist
YOUR #1 VALUE: The dream is worth it! Hard work for something you love is worth it and will pay off!
GOLD NUGGET: Do the thing!
WHAT DOES RISE UP FOR YOU MEAN TO YOU? Paving your own way and creating your life on your own terms.
- IG @emcookharris
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more podcast episodes, webinars, articles, free resources, and events to help you get to the next level in your life! You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Youtube @riseupforyou
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Please support Rise Up For You by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show and push us to continuously be better! So don’t forget to show your support!