Today we will be speaking with Karen Otis on her architectural method to design and build your ideal life! She reveals 8 steps to design a life that you love and help you get unstuck and really find the passion and purpose you deserve to have!
Architecture has been Karen Otis’ passion for over 25 years! It infiltrates every part of her life…it molds her perceptions as it has become a way of thinking and seeing the world with a unique perspective. Having created and built hundreds of amazingly beautiful buildings, Karen knows the creative Architectural Method (AM) inside and out!
So, years ago after enduring a painful divorce that left her life and that of her two young kids in shambles, she found the courage and insight to take what she knew best, architecture, and apply the same creative AM to rebuilding her life. That inspired idea changed everything! By rebuilding her life, Karen found clarity, inspiration, and a newly defined purpose. She built for herself a life inspired. Soon, she was sharing this process that she had gone through with other people who weren’t architects at all. They were moms, lawyers, businesspeople, divorcees, college-bound students—each looking for meaning and direction, and they found it to be empowering too! Karen couldn’t wait to share her discovery with others who were searching for passion and inspiration in their lives. She wanted to guide them to be their own Architect and build their life inspired. She wanted to reveal to them the steps to rebuilding.
So motivated by newfound insight and purpose, Karen embarked on this remarkable journey.
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- From those going through a midlife crisis to those stuck on the treadmill of work or raising a family, to anyone who feels they just have to settle for the mediocrity of a mundane existence, Karen Otis set out to help them rebuild their lives around daily fulfillment, joy, meaning and resounding purpose.
- React and create are they exact same letters just moved around.
- 8 steps to design a building is your life!
- Evaluate the site, a site study. What’s beautiful that you want to enhance. Then there’s things that aren’t so great that we need to modify. You may feel like your situation is fixed but how do we make it unfixed.
- People are afraid of things outside of their comfort zone!
- Fear is a natural part of changing.
- We tend to go with what is familiar
- Get the right brain happening: your intuition, your soul! You have to get used to differentiating your head voice to your deep rooted centered voice!
- We’re all on a journey! This is your journey you’re meant to overcome it.
Golden Nugget: You have to take a look at your life in an honest way! Be honest with yourself.
RECOMMENDED BOOK: Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
STAY CONNECTED: Check out Karen’s retreat October 6-8th www.bethearchitectofyourlife.com
Get your free Life Blueprint here www.Lifeinspiredblueprint.com
Be The Architect Of Your Life: Design, Build, and Start Living a Life Inspired is now available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more information and events that are coming up, you can also follow us on twitter, facebook, instagram, and now periscope.
If you like what we’re doing with Rise Up For You please support us by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show. So don’t forget to show your support!