Guest Speaker For Episode #117 Duana Welch
Today we will be speaking with Duana Welch on love! Duana is going to be taking to us about challenging the mindset and embracing accurate thinking when it comes to finding love and building romantic relationships. She will also be touching on how negative relationships and thoughts can sabotage your relationships and love life! As well as talking about the science of love and the psychology of men and women when it comes to love!
Dr. Duana Welch is known for applying social science to people’s real-life relationship issues. She is the author of Love Factually, the first book that uses science rather than opinion to take men and women through every stage of dating, from before they meet until they commit. She has been a professor at universities in Florida, California, and Texas, and she contributes to publications at Psychology Today, eHarmony, Redbook, and others. She also coaches men and women who want more love in their lives, via Skype and at her office in downtown Eugene, Oregon. To learn more about Duana and her book, visit www.LoveScienceMedia.com
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- I’m good at my job, why can’t I find love?
- Natural inclination is to oppose our own beliefs on the opposite sex.
- Challenge the mindset and embrace accurate thinking. Embrace social science thinking.
- Negative relationship thoughts, ask yourself is it true? Thoughts, beliefs, and ideas…are they true?
- What is science saying:
- Putting effort into finding and keeping love is worth while.
- Marriage crates happiness twice as much as single people.
- Men and women having the exact same dating mindset. Not the case in building love and relationships.
- Men live their life in hierarchy, they want someone that they can feel proud of!
- Men simultaneously are thinking about Ms. Right Now and Ms. Right Forever
RECOMMENDED BOOK: The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work by Dr. John Gottman
GOLD NUGGET: If you can find and be someone whose default is kind and respectful than your default is going to be great! If you can’t it won’t!
STAY CONNECTED: Book: Love Factually: 10 Proven Steps from I Wish to I Do
–“If you are going to read any book about love – make it Love Factually.” ~eHarmony
–“A must read for all those of us seeking a lasting love.” ~Dr. John Gottman, author of The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
Get the first chapter for free now at http://lovefactually.co
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more information and events that are coming up, you can also follow us on twitter, facebook, instagram, and now periscope.
If you like what we’re doing with Rise Up For You please support us by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show. So don’t forget to show your support!