Episode #156 with Stacie Cox- Overcoming the Perfectionist Mindset
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR WEEKLY EPISODES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Episode #156 with Stacie Cox- Overcoming the Perfectionist Mindset. Stacie Cox is a Licensed Psychotherapist, LCSW (California and Florida) and LISW (New Mexico), Licensed Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor, LAADC (California), Internationally Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICAADC), Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICADC), Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC II), Certified Life Coach and Recovery Coach (CEC), Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Coach, Certified EMDR (EMDR) and Trauma Resilience Model (TRM) therapist, Certified Hypnotherapist (CHt), and a Consultant with approximately 20 years of experience working in the counseling and recovery field in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
Stacie maintains a full time private psychotherapy, life coaching, recovery coaching and hypnotherapy practice in Santa Monica, California and a small part time practice in Santa Fe, New Mexico where she works with adults and teenagers, individuals, couples and families. Stacie’s areas of focus in her practice are: trauma, addiction, eating disorders, perfectionism, relationship issues, and anxiety. When Stacie is not working directly with clients she can be found presenting at various addiction conferences throughout the United States on shame, addiction, perfectionism, eating disorders, and self-care. Stacie co-presented at the Evolution of Addiction Conference in February 2015 on “Taming the Perfectionist Within – Overcoming Perfectionism and the Insidious Impact on Substance Abuse, Eating Disorders and Relationships.” Stacie presented in August 2015 at The Discovery House Treatment Center, Van Nuys, on “Teaching the 7 Skills Every Addict Should Know.”
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
Overcoming the Perfectionist Mindset
- Nothing releases perfectionism like being a parent- you have to let go of expectations and rigidity and learn how to go with the flow whether you like it or not!
- Being in a relationship forces us to be called out on our “stuff” and not live in a box in our thinking.
- Reminding ourselves daily when we wake up and get out of bed, we are imperfect beings with character defects and that the errors we may make allow us to grow as people.
- Learning what grounds us and practicing the art of self-care daily.
- Making humor a daily ritual practiced in our personal and professional worlds.
- Being authentic and living true to our values to the best of our ability helps remind us that we are humans, not robots.
- There are so many people pleasers out there! Many people feel that if I do everything perfect no one will see how much pain I’m in.
- Perfectionist vs striving for excellence! Perfectionist is going after the unobtainable!
- Remind yourself that we’re all imperfect beings.
- Learning what grounds us and practicing the art of self care! The primary relationship is the one with you!
- Staying true to our values! Speaking our truth and walking our message!
RECOMMENDED BOOK:How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown
YOUR #1 VALUE: Authenticity, Honoring It!
GOLD NUGGET: Living life with no regret! Life can be taken at any time!
WHAT DOES RISE UP FOR YOU MEAN TO YOU? Empowerment, stepping up and into yourself.
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more podcast episodes, webinars, articles, free resources, and events to help you get to the next level in your life! You can also follow us on twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Youtube @riseupforyou
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Please support Rise Up For You by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show and push us to continuously be better! So don’t forget to show your support!