Episode #181 with Candace Hanna- Where Do I Start? Personal Styling 101
SUBSCRIBE TODAY FOR WEEKLY EPISODES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Episode #181 with Candace Hanna- Where Do I Start? Personal Styling 101. Born and raised in Los Angeles, Candace Hanna was always about fashion. Growing up an athlete, she was often in a soccer jersey and cleats, but whenever she had the chance, she put together fabulous off-field outfits. After pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, she knew fashion was where she wanted to be, and she started straight away in the corporate fashion world. After a year working in LA, Candace packed her bags and moved to the Big Apple! During her 3 years in New York City, she worked for boutique brands like Club Monaco, and even for her dream fashion house, Chanel.
Now that she’s back in LA, Candace has created a career that combines her business savvy with creativity. She likes to laugh and smile as often as she can, and she’s passionate about turning a daunting process like wardrobe reinvention into something enjoyable–fun, even! She knows how difficult it can be to look at a giant (or empty) closet and think; “Where do I start???” and that’s exactly what she’s here to help you figure out. Personal styling is not only about putting together great outfits but helping people to feel their very best at all times.
TOP POINTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- It all begins with you – consider what you want your personal style to reflect; and how do you want to feel in your clothes*consider your personality – are you outgoing, introverted, quirky? Does your style align with who you are? Because it should. *What are you waiting for? To make more money, to lose some weight?
- NOW is the time to feel your best. Which is why my MO is “Highlight don’t hide!” Forget what you don’t like about yourself – find one thing that you love about yourself and lets work to highlight it!
- What do you want to project? What do you want to put out there?
- Every setting is different!
- Figure out your body type! There are 5 different types. Size does not matter.
- Colors have an effect on our mindset.
- Avoid colors to close to your skin tone!
RECOMMENDED BOOK: The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
YOUR #1 VALUE: Do everything at 100%
GOLD NUGGET: Now is the time!
WHAT DOES RISE UP FOR YOU MEAN TO YOU? Rise up and do what you’re going to do for yourself!
STAY CONNECTED: @stylebycandace
Thank you again for joining us today please check out our webpage at riseupforyou.com for more podcast episodes, webinars, articles, free resources, and events to help you get to the next level in your life! You can also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Youtube @riseupforyou
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.
Please support Rise Up For You by writing a review on iTunes. Your feedback will really help the success of our show and push us to continuously be better! So don’t forget to show your support!