Ep. #55 with Tracey Steinberg. Since 2007, she has been helping singles who are overachievers in their professional lives, but not so confident in their romantic lives, learn how to be confident and meet someone special. I’m the author of “Flirt For Fun & Meet THE ONE,” a former NYC attorney and I’ve been happily married for the past 9 years.
Tracey was the dating expert spokesperson for Marshalls department stores, and she regularly appear in various media outlets, including: The Dr. Oz Show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Fox & Friends First, CNN, HLN, WNBC, CBS NY, Good Day New York, Fox 5 News, Men’s Health Magazine, Shape Magazine, Self Magazine, Redbook Magazine, Huffington Post, and The Wall Street Journal.
My Favorite Parts of the Episode!
- What are some great first date tips?
- GIVE GOOD EYE The MOST important part of being irresistible is the way you look at your date. So if you’re not comfortable looking directly into that Cutie’s eye this is definitely an area you will want to practice and improve. I recommend you look directly into their eyes about 70% of the conversation while appreciating their best qualities and savoring being in their presence. This will allow your eyes to naturally emit an electric chemistry which will be very inviting and be very hard for your date to resist.
- HAVE A FUN ATTITUDE- You and your date have chosen to spend a little personal time together so enjoy yourself and have a light and breezy demeanor. Choose fun and pleasurable conversations, laugh at their jokes, and freely share that gorgeous smile of yours.
- PAY ATTENTION-While on your date, turn off your phone and basically ignore everyone else. The only Cutie you need to pay attention to is the one sitting in front of you. In fact I’d like you to imagine that even if a pack of wild coyotes broke down the door you wouldn’t notice because you are just too enthralled with your date. Also feel free to use their name throughout your conversation because it lets them know you are focused on them and helps them feel connected to you.
- ALIGN YOURSELF WITH THEIR PASSIONS-Everyone’s favorite topic of conversation is THEIR favorite topic of conversation so the best way to have your date enjoying the conversation is to discuss topics THEY enjoy. Perhaps they love discussing their dog, their team, or their favorite place to visit? Ask them questions about what they are passionate about and they will be much more likely to enjoy their conversation with you and want to spend more time with you in the future. Also while you are learning about their passions make sure to treat what your date says as if they are “gems of wisdom.”
- COMPLIMENT THEM-People love spending time with others who appreciate them so let your date know you find them attractive and exciting a few times throughout the date. Sometimes you can actually inspire someone to feel excitement for you simply by letting them know that you are honestly attracted to them! Let your date know exactly what you appreciate most in them, how you’re inspired by them and how much you admire the choices they’ve made in their lives. You’ll get extra points if you also assume your date can do anything successfully. You are now armed with the information you need to be irresistible to every Cutie you want. The last step is to get out there and practice, practice, practice! The more you practice the more fun you’ll have and the quicker you’ll have that Cutie wrapped around your little finger.
- How do remain confident through this whole process? You accept that not everyone is available to everyone at every minute and none of this is personal. You brush it off and keep putting your best foot forward by following the guidelines I just mentioned. If you have good relationships with your friends and family you are more than capable of having a great relationship with someone special. You just might need a few tweaks and some practice.
- One book that you’ve read that had a massive impact on your life that you would recommend? Feminine Force by Georgette Mosbacher. It is her biography and she shares her mindset which contributed to her confidence, success, and never ending ability to overcome challenges and succeed. I bought a copy when I was in law school and to this day reread it at least every 6 months or so.
- How do we stay connected and support you? My site is www.TraceySteinberg.com, @TraceySteinberg , facebook is Dateologist, my book is, “Flirt For Fun & Meet THE ONE”
If you know anybody that would benefit from this episode please share it with them and help spread the knowledge and motivation.